We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time, Scout decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Scout, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of our website or App, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy. We process your personal information to run our business and provide our users with the Services. By accepting our Terms and Conditions (and in some jurisdictions, by acknowledging this Policy), you confirm that you have read and understand this Policy, including how and why we use your information. If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t use the Services.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that Scout will use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. We will transfer personal information only to those countries to which we are permitted by law to transfer personal information as more fully described in the "Transfers" Section of this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website and/or App;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or Services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, business name, business information, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information, other personal information, etc. which may be used when you register or purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third-party tracking technologies and server logs.
- Information you provide us regarding your preferences and interests.
- We may collect information about you from third-party sources such as databases that maintain up-to-date contact information. We collect and use that information in accordance with those sources’ privacy terms. We also may combine information that we collect from different sources into a single record.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Sites through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a cookie we deploy automatically when you use our Sites.
- We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites and applications automatically when you use our Sites.
- Other information as identified in this Policy.
In addition, Scout may on occasion collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of web-browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Scout may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Scout may also collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the Services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our Services and products;
- For marketing and commercial purposes, that may be for the sole commercial gain of Scout;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, industry standards, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
How We Use the Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
Provide our services to our clients and subscribers:
- Generate leads.
- Establish and service your account.
- Deliver newsletter content.
- Authenticate access to your account.
- Perform maintenance and operations, including management of the network and devices supporting the Sites and our systems.
- Provide technical support and assure quality of customer service interactions.
- Facilitate hardware and software upgrades for devices and systems.
Communicate with you:
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Personalize communications.
- Send you service-related announcements.
Make improvements to our products and services:
- Identify and develop new products and services.
- Generate measurement and analytics reports.
Provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising:
- Market our and our clients’ products and services.
- Determine which content to recommend to you.
- Send you promotional communications for the Sites and other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Investigate theft or other illegal activities and ensure a secure online environment:
- Detect the unauthorized reception, use, or abuse of the Service.
- Protect you and other subscribers from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful use of, or subscription to, the Service.
- Protect our rights, our personnel, and our property.
- Comply with applicable law.
- Site Operations/Essential Cookies: To enable features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being logged in, tracking content views, and remembering your preferences.
- Analytics: To allow us to understand how our services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Personalized Advertising: To deliver personalized advertising based on your preferences or interests and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media: To enable you to share content from our services through social networks.
How We Share Information
With Service Providers:
We may disclose personal information to our service providers, which are companies that process personal data on our behalf. Personal information may be disclosed to them without your consent in order to deliver the Services and conduct business activities. We require the service providers to treat the information we disclose to them, or that they collect on our behalf, as confidential and to use the information only for the purposes for which they have been engaged. The following is a list of categories of our service providers.
- Billing and collection providers, such as payment processors and organizations that assist us in assessing your credit and payment status.
- Auditing and accounting firms.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that assist with providing professional services, or supplying project-based resources and assistance.
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics services, including entities that analyze the information we collect from or about you to communicate with and advertise to you.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting, and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
There are limited circumstances in which the service provider collects data directly from you when their privacy policies may also apply. Our service providers must use the personal information we share with them, or that they collect on our behalf, only for the purposes of our engagement with them.
With Third Parties:
We may disclose personal information to third parties. The following is a list of categories of those third parties.
- Advertising, Marketing, and Analytics Partners: We partner with companies that assist us with marketing our Sites and our clients’ products and services, including by “remarketing” to you on other websites, apps, or social media platforms. These companies may collect information from you automatically via cookies or other tracking technologies when you use our Sites.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interactions typically allow the social media company to collect some information about you. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
We may also disclose the data we collect from and about you to (i) comply with legal processes; (ii) to respond to lawful requests from authorities (including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, and including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements); (iii) to enforce our Terms of Service and this Privacy Notice; (iv) to protect our business, rights, privacy, safety, or property or that of others; and (v) as necessary under applicable law (including laws outside your country of residence).
Individuals from different countries or jurisdictions may have different rights. We reserve the ability to limit our response to your request to exercise your rights based on the law that is applicable to you, but our goal is to treat everyone equally.
- Access/Right to Know: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we erase data we have collected from you. Please note that we may have a reason to deny your deletion request or delete data in a more limited way than you anticipated, e.g., because of a legal obligation to retain it.
- Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we limit our processing of the personal information we hold about you if we are processing such information based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to request that we stop “selling” your personal information as that term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act. A “sale” of personal information is defined broadly: “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.” Please see below for more information about our “sales” of personal information. To opt-out, please see contact us.
- Transparency: At the time we collect personal information, you have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of personal information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection.
Registration, Account Setup, Services Usage
In order to use the Services, you will need to submit a valid email address. If you register, you will need to submit a name associated with your account. To receive the Services, you need to provide this information to us. Additional information, such as a shop name, billing and payment information (including billing contact name, address, telephone number, credit card information), a telephone number, and/or a physical postal address, may be necessary in order for us to provide a particular service. For example, a physical postal address is needed, if you are buying physical goods. We may store credit card information and other information provided to us during checkout, for billing and payment purposes, and to process your transaction.
Users in certain countries can elect to save their credit card information to facilitate checkout for future purchases. If you're a buyer in the EU, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein, you may be asked to authenticate your payment method when you place your order. To authenticate a payment, you will need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information, such as a correct response to a question, a password, or a passcode.
Profile: You may provide your name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) in connection with your account and activity. You can edit or remove this information through your account settings. From time to time, we may also ask you about certain demographic information, in relation to specific marketing and advocacy projects and campaigns. Providing this demographic information is entirely voluntary.
We also automatically collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This information can include information such as the hardware model, operating system information, app version, app usage and debugging information, browser information, IP address, and device identifiers.
Location Services: We obtain location information you provide in your profile or from your IP address, while using the Services. With your consent, we may also collect your location by using other information from your device, such as precise location information from GPS or by pinging wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device. We use and store information about your location to provide features and to improve and customize the Service. If you have consented to share your precise location details but would no longer like to continue sharing that information with us, you may revoke your consent to the sharing of that information at any time. Certain non-precise location services, such as for security and localized policies based on your IP address or submitted address, are critical for the Site to function. We will only share your geolocation details with third parties (like our mapping, payments, or, to the extent applicable, advertising providers) in order to provide you with the Services.
Analytics Information: We use data analytics software to ensure Site and App functionality and to improve the Services. This software records information such as how often you use the Apps, what happens within the Apps, aggregated usage, performance data, app errors and debugging information, and where the Apps were downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information that you submit within the mobile application.
Use of Information Collected
Scout, reserves the right to sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties. Scout may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from us or our partners.
Scout may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Scout may use various third-party social media features including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms. These may collect your IP address and other personal information and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Scout’s control.
Scout respects your privacy. We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Scout’s products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Scout's website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com . If you unsubscribe from Scout Services you may still be subject to third-party subscription agreements for the delivery of products or other offers. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Scout will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links to affiliate and other websites. Scout does not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of other websites. Therefore, we encourage all users and visitors to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to the information collected by our website.
Notice to European Union Users
Scout's operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the data, we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of same. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com .
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at email@example.com .
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In addition to the rights above, please note that we will aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information, whenever possible. We also have protocols in place, in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach, and we will contact you if your personal information has been materially compromised. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below or visit our website at getScout.com.
Scout takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
The company may also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information. In addition, Scout is a licensee of TRUSTe.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), provides users with rights related to their personal information. Consistent with those laws, we give you the choice of accessing, editing, or removing certain information, as well as choices about how we get in touch with you. You may remove certain optional information that you no longer wish to be publicly visible through the Services, such as your name. You can request to permanently close your account and delete your personal information. Depending on your location, you may also benefit from a number of rights with respect to your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply in limited cases.
- Right to Access & Portability: You can access certain personal information associated with your account by visiting your account privacy settings. You can request a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format and information explaining how that information is used.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate information about you. Additionally, in many instances, you can correct and change certain personal information associated with your account.
- Right to Restrict Processing: In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Right to Deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, except information we are required to retain by law, regulation, or to protect the safety, security, and integrity of our Services.
- Right to Object: If we process your information based on our legitimate interests or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or changing your account email settings.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: Where we rely on consent, you can choose to withdraw your consent.
The CCPA provides California residents with the following additional rights:
- Right to Know: California residents may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of personal information that the business has collected about them, the categories of sources for that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
- Right to Opt-Out: To the extent that Scout “sells” personal information (as that term is defined under the CCPA), California residents are entitled to opt-out of the “sale” of data at any time (see below for more information).
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your account settings. For more information on the CCPA, visit: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
Acceptance of Terms
By using this website, you are hereby accepting the terms and conditions stipulated within the Policy. If you are not in agreement with our terms and conditions, then you should refrain from further use of our sites. In addition, your continued use of our website following the posting of any updates or changes to our terms and conditions shall mean that you agree and accept such changes. We may amend or update this Policy from time to time.
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: 913.732.7572
12900 Rosewood, Leawood, KS 66209
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance is: